Combining extensive corporate and entrepreneurial experience, Jayne has seen all sides of business, both large and small, successfully and unsuccessfully. And has learned critical lessons from both that she shares with her clients.
A passionate dance and hockey mom of two boys, when she isn’t cheering them on, she enjoys hiking with her husband, reading historical biographies of groundbreaking women, classic Canadian and English literature and mysteries, travelling to explore the old and new worlds, and advocating for and supporting women entrepreneurs.
FocalPoint Coaching of Toronto
2012 - present
- Operating primarily in the Greater Toronto Area
Certified FocalPoint Business Coach:
- Coaches entrepreneurs in professional and personal services industries, providing support and accountability to achieve improved business results
- Clients achieve clarity on goals, refine their business model and address ongoing business challenges, improving their profitability, developing more effective internal and external relationships, find focus and improved productivity
- Deliver time freedom to pursue personal interests through improved effectiveness by building proficiency at running a business, Productivity and Communication Effectiveness training
- Conduct DISC Talent Insights Assessments, evaluating Behavioural Style and Workplace Motivators to build more productive internal and external relationships via self-awareness and better understanding of business partners
Certified FocalPoint Professional Development Trainer:
- Delivers organizational excellence through professional development for individuals, teams and organizations
- Programs include Strategic Leadership Development, Business Planning, Productivity Optimization, Communication Effectiveness, Marketing and Sales Effectiveness, Coaching and Development and Effective Teamwork training
- Many of her workshops are certified for Continuing Education Credits by Professional Organizations
- Jayne frequently speaks for Professional Associations and organizations such as RBC Small Business Advice Events, Professional Writers’ Association of Canada (PWAC), Business and Professional Women’s Club, and the Beach Business Improvement Area, helping entrepreneurs, professionals and organizations with Business Planning, Goal Setting, Productivity, Marketing, Communication Effectiveness
Procter & Gamble, Inc.
1985 - 2011
Over 26 years, Jayne moved through a series of roles of increasing responsibility and scope contributing business-building strategies, product, and marketing plans; coaching numerous others to achieve their professional and personal goals; and developing and delivering global training programs.
Global Training Leader, Consumer & Market Knowledge 2006 – 2011
Senior Manager – Canada, Consumer & Market Knowledge 1999 – 2006
Senior Manager – North America, Research & Development 1997 – 1999
Technical Brand Manager/Group Leader - Canada, Product Development 1985 – 1997
Individual Coaching and Development:
- Consistently built the technical, business and soft skills of local and remote direct reports, many of whom were promoted.
- Coached and mentored others to identify viable career goals and the path to achieve them
- Increased productivity and contribution of both high and low performing direct reports via performance management, coaching, and skill development.
Organizational Training and Development:
- Lead assessment of organizational learning needs, curriculum development and delivery of a re-designed global training program for 1300 people, encompassing four management levels, across four regions.
- Worked with senior management on numerous corporate re-organizations including re-defining work, roles, reduced headcount and identifying redundancies.
- Built cultural diversity and improved the business relationships of global employees through facilitated Training and Team Action Planning sessions.
- Improved the training skills of in-house trainers via Train the Trainer training.
- Lead the Canadian Consumer and Shopper Understanding program, recommending products and marketing plans for categories representing half of the Canadian business.
- Aligned US-based management to the strong business need for investing US-based research budget to develop unique products and marketing programs for Canada.
- Innovated research standards to more cost-effectively deliver the learning needed within budget restrictions.
Research and Development:
- As Global and NA Initiative Leader for new product launches and brand re-stages, lead multi-functional teams through all stages of initiative development and launch, including product, process and concept qualification, financial assessments, marketing and sales strategy development.
- NA Leadership for Product, Process and Packaging Development for Feminine Care Products, included leading the technical and consumer qualification of new products and package designs, process development, global standardization of product design and materials, raw material supplier qualification.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering & Management: McMaster University, Hamilton, ON (1985)
Certified FocalPoint Business Coach: FocalPoint Coaching International (2012)
Certified Professional Development and Brian Tracy Certified Sales Trainer: FocalPoint Coaching International (2013)
Qualified Behavioural Style and Workplace Motivators Assessment Facilitator: FocalPoint Coaching International (2012)
Licensed Facilitator for Navigational Conversations: Leadscape Learning Inc. (2014)
Qualified Training Development & Delivery Trainer: Procter & Gamble (2009 - 2011)
Certified Cultural Navigator Practitioner: Training Management Corporation (2006 - 2011)
Volunteer and Associations:
Jayne supports women entrepreneurs through her roles on the Board of Directors for the Canadian Association of Women Executives and Entrepreneurs and the Women’s Networking Leadership Team for the Markham Board of Trade. She has been interviewed about women and entrepreneurship by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business Magazine (link) and The Financial Post. (link)
Director of Administration, Policy and Procedures, Board Secretary and member of Membership Committee, Canadian Association of Women Executives and Entrepreneurs
Women’s Networking Leadership Committee, Markham Board of Trade
Mentor, Youth Innovators Conference
Trombetta, Libertore A., Patel, Dhanraj S., Darby, Dennis A., Huhtanen, Jayne S., 1997. Absorbent article having a rewet barrier. U. S. Patent 5,603,707, filed November 28, 1995, and issued February 18, 1997.